As far as wedding planning goes, catering may be one of biggest to-dos. Be as certain as possible regarding just what style catering you would like for the big day! Would you like food stations, or perhaps buffet style? Why not a cocktail reception? Would you like to have a theme? Your options are limitless, so it’s best to spend time with your caterer talking about your options, budget, and also what styles appeal to you the most.
Don’t forget to schedule a “test-tasting” session to sample culinary abilities and presentations. You can even take a look at dinnerware choices, table décor, and flower arrangements to pick out what would match the event best. Once more, be open about what you would like!
Though planning a wedding reception can be stressful, catering companies are here to make it as easy and achievable!
Here are 10 questions to always keep in mind while speaking with your caterer:
1. Does the caterer concentrate on a certain type of food? Do you need specialty products such as vegetarian or even gluten-free dishes and can they be provided if required?
2. Can you plan a tasting to get a good decision on what your catering service has to offer?
3. Will tables, chairs, dishes, table linens, rugs, etc be provided? Inquire to see particular items to make sure they’re what you need. Do you have to rent dining tables, place settings, or another equipment, or will the catering company request rentals?
4. Who will be the main contact for the wedding catering? Will it be the same person you work with when planning in the beginning stages oversee catering the day of the event too?
5. Will the caterer be in charge or work any other weddings or events on the same weekend, the same day, simultaneously as yours?
6. How will the caterer set up food on the tables? Can you see pictures of previous displays?
7. Will the food be fresh or frozen?
8. Are wait personnel provided? How many would they recommend for your event? What will the wait employees wear?
9. Will the caterer have a license? Is there an alcohol license included?
10. What is the caterer’s average cost range? Are costs itemized in respect to the foods you choose, or is there a possible all-inclusive predetermined fee? Will that include tax and gratuity?
Hopefully, this helps you plan the most important day! Caterers are always there for you to help make your wedding reception dreams a realization and ensure it goes as smoothly as possible.